Edible Austin is looking to expand its sales staff as well as discover new writers within the Central Texas area. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who is passionate about the local food community. We are currently looking for:
Starting Date: January
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours a week
Compensation: $7.25 / hour
Edible Austin is looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual to handle office tasks, website maintenance and communications functions for our office. The Intern will be in charge of mailings, subscriptions, data entry and filing, as well as assisting our Publisher, Digital Content Coordinator and Advertising Director with various projects. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working for a small, enthusiastic staff and exposure to different elements of editorial production.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Experience with Quickbooks and Adobe suite is preferred
- Experience across social media platforms preferred
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and ability to problem solve
Who is Edible Austin?
We are a mission-based, bi-monthly publication that focuses on local and sustainable food. Our mission is to educate and encourage the purchase and consumption of locally produced food and beverages. This is currently a fast growing niche market segment.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an motivated and qualified Advertising Sales Representative with a minimum of 3 years of sales and marketing experience to join our seasoned sales team.
Candidate will need to cold call and pursue sales opportunities and account development. Must be able to manage accounts after closing and have a proven track record for attracting and retaining business.
This is a commission only position. The commission plan is very generous and has an opportunity for bonuses.
What does the position entail?
- developing new business is a priority
- cold calling experience and solid presentation skills
- self-motivated and highly goal-oriented in order to achieve sales targets
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and good follow-through
- create presentations, negotiate contracts and close deals
- the ability to build relationships effectively
- must be able to work independently in a home office
- be computer proficient with a broadband internet connection
- complete reports to update sales management on account activity and emerging new opportunities
- might involve regional travel
Why Edible Austin?
- We are a passionate team of influencers within the community
- Flexibility. Make your own schedule and work from home
- We do all the billing and collections
The strength of our publication highly depends on the work of our freelance writers. With an interest in expanding our network of creatives within the Central Texas community, we encourage submissions of ideas, samples and portfolios from anyone who would like to publish within Edible Austin.
*We strongly recommend referencing the following Editorial Calendar for story pitches:
January 1: Fresh Issue—celebrate the new year with the freshest trends.
March 1 Outdoor Issue—all that the Central Texas great outdoors has to offer us.
May 1: Beverage Issue—anything and everything that we drink.
July 1: Wellness Issue—keeping the mind and body feeling healthy.
September 1: Cooks! Issue—what local chefs and celebrities cook at home.
November 1: Heirloom Issue—the culture and history behind Texas foodways.